Monday, December 04, 2006

The Differences!

How different is everyone? I mean, we're all different and that's how it's supposed to be but sometimes it's pretty fascinating to see how different we all are. 'One man's trash is another man's treasure' - i'm partly referring to that and personality - wise also. I know many of you reading this would be thinking, "Well, ya obviously..." I love the fact that what i found fascinating (like this whole differences concept) half the people will find dull and boring. I love the fact that comments i find indescribably rude, other people find very normal and harmless. I love the fact that stuff i enjoy doing, other people find boring. i kind of got this idea from Mini when i was talking to her. How terribly BORING would life be if all of us liked and disliked the same stuff? How dull would life be if all of us agreed on everything and never debated on stuff? How much would life drag on if everyone had the same interests and pretty much behaved similarly? I would hate life that way.

I went for a party on Saturday - Meghnas b'day party. We went to Ski Dubai in MOE, roamed around the mall and then went out for dinner to a hotel. In Ski Dubai, our fingers were numb from the cold. There was a kind of slide thingey - on a snow covered hill slope - in which they spin you around and push you down the slippery slope. It's loads of fun! When I saw it, I couldn't wait to go. Meghna and the others [well.. excluding Bhavi:)] were scared (they went in the end and loved it). When i went i didn't close my eyes - i was enjoying it too much... I know this story may've seemed pointless but my point is that we have different tastes. That slide excited me and Bhavi but to the others, it was another 'scary ride'.

It's the differences in people, that make life interesting. Imagine this scenario - everyone is the same. I can actually imagine. I'll go upto Aparna(i usually discuss songs with her) in class and say, "Aparna, do you love this song, lips of an angel." Her response will be yes. So then i'll name another song.. again she'll agree. There'll pretty much be no disagreement. It'll be so dull!!!!!! Where's the fun of time pass arguing if we agree on everything??!!

I would never want to lead a life where every person is alike and we are all pretty much clones. It would be way too boring....!!!!!

7 comments:

Menaka said...

helo...did i give you permission to right my name(mustve)...neway i liked the whole blog except for the slide thingy which wasn't needed(lol)....bt i will agree wid you on this....if we all are the same there wud be no fun in life becuz we all would be doing the same things all the time...

Anonymous said...

Best post so far.....Although smethin was missin

Rayna said...

Hey...a great msg but u cud have put it fwd in a better way! anyways i loved it..:D

Shalaka said...

hello!
mini : *sigh*, i wonder.. if i stop talking, would u notice??? i told u all about this post and i also told u to remind me to update this blog that day!!!! learn to LISTEN:D! ya i put the slide thing cause i loved Ski Dubai!!
kapil : thanks:)!!!
rayna : thank you!! ya i read it now after posting it and realized how badly its framed LOL... i think i should read my post, edit it and THEN post it LOL!

Anonymous said...

sumthing is missin....

Anonymous said...

Nice post. It could've been presented better, but that doesn't matter now. You've got your point across, and that's all you needed to do.

Nishant

Anonymous said...

but i do lsn to you shalu(luks up in guilt)