Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Realization?

I had a strange dream yesterday. It wasn't really strange - it was more of a realization. I'm not sure what brought it on, maybe it was something that happened yesterday or maybe it was just one of those random dreams. Anyway, that dream had something to do with losing touch with certain friends and hearing about their life from others. That is one thing i'm really scared of, so that dream was kind of like a nightmare. I'm scared that after we all leave school, we'll lose touch. I'm afraid that i've already lost touch with certain people.
I know that there are people i was MUCH closer to before and now all we say is hi and bye. I hate that and i'm sorry. I really truly am sorry for not keeping in touch. I know people say that if he/she doesn't bother to keep in touch, then why should I? That makes me feel sad for the person. Their arrogance is going to cost them a friend. I wish people could realize that it doesn't make a difference who starts a conversation or sends an email/sms/IM first.
There are people in all our lives who used to be one of our close friends - and now? Do you know where they live, where they are, how they are? If you still have a hello-bye relationship, do you remember simple things like his/her favorite colour, his/her hobby? There's still time, it's not to late to contact old friends and to increase your relationship with the hello-bye ones.
Maybe you think that you'll send XYZ a general email enquiring about his life those days. Then you think i'll do it later. Later becomes tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes , the distance between you two grows (that rhyme was unintentional!). Eventually, that email will not get sent. It takes 5 minutes to send an email. Take the time out to send a couple of mails to old, forgotten and lost friends.

PS : I know this post sounded a bit repetitive, but i just wrote what i felt at the moment...

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

you knw your soo rigt...i will always keep touch wid u pooo:DD:

Anonymous said...

o and nice post:)

Nishant said...

Brilliant post. Made me think. A lot.

Kapil.. said...

All of us know that time limits us ..

Next year may be the last for many ...

Enjoy the moments before they disappear

All dreams are caused bcos of something that happened the day before well atleast 95% of all dreams ...It mustve been somethi that happened yest that made u have such a dream....

------------
KC

Anonymous said...

amazin post..

Amrit said...

Very good post! Very tru also.... I feel the same. But we'll always keep in touch :D And Kapil is right. Something must have happened the day before. Neway dont worry, i think we ppl will keep in touch... You guys blog so much! :D

Shalaka said...

Thanks everyone..:)! I guess it is something that happened yesterday. Though i don't recall anything happening yesterday that would cause me to worry about losing touch with my friends.. Yesterday was fun!

Anonymous said...

Amazing post! i agree with u 100%. losing touch with my close friends is one thing i am really scared of.
shalaka laxman ..don't u dare lose touch with me..lol!!!!
~love bhavi~

Anonymous said...

helo!
what you've written is very true. never forget your friends.... always keep in touch with them and keep them close wherever they are.

Great post!

-Aparna

Rayna said...

hey!! since every1 has already proved the point i'm not going to say much except for GREAT POST!!
We'll never lost ouch and dont feel sorry for not not keeping in touch wid ppl coz they didnt bother to either and it takes 2 ppl to keep in touch just like it takes 2 hands 2 clap.
Keep it up!!

Rayna said...

* we'll never lose touch
srry

rishika said...

amazing post...
and so right about the whole...he/she should call/email/sms/IM first...ive had that before...

tc...--negi!

Anonymous said...

be lyke me..!..Actually itz coz of u gr8 frendz i hav tht im in touch wid each one of u...even though im nt in the same skool nymore...this is too all u guyz..shalaka prerna aparna anusha vinay vihaan nishant dolly kapil amrit nikita radhiii delzeen sagari...ND evry1 else...im sorrry if i 4got u..mayb i dint write ur name bt u knw wat u guyz r always in my heart...luv u all 1nce agn..v will always keeep in touch!!

Anonymous said...

WOW SHALAKA !!
I am not into this whole BLOGGING THING but i just have to say that your's is one of the three BEST BLOGS i have read/seen.

I think after reading some of your great articles i am kindda inspired to start a blog. Do you think it is a good idea if i start a BLOG ??!!

I loved the keeping intouch article..... it is so true !! and it got me thinking if i would keep intouch with all my friends once i left the school .......

GREAT POST....!!!! KEEP IT UP !!

--- CASTELINO

Shalaka said...

I repeat - THANKS so much all of you!! With great friends like you guys, how can we lose touch:)?

PS : Sorry i know that was, as some people would say, "filmy".

Anonymous said...

nice post and very true. will never loose touch with u smallu (hopfully lol)
-- Jaya

Unknown said...

hey shalu!! great post n i guess each one of us could very well relate to it..i guess keepin in touch is one thing and enjoyin every moment with friends is another..
neways..waitin for ur next post..
n one mre thing..lets not blame time for not keepin in touch with each other-im sure u can spare five minutes of ur beauty sleep n send a mail!!
gtg..byee

*reshma* said...

heyyy..me still remember the silly or well u cud say cute :P chair dance v did durin summer in the 3rd grde!! n ur dorky blue glasses and my big talkitive mouth..those were seriously the gud dayz!! and comin back here 2 modern high, i feel that thyre comin bak again..wtr happens i noe vll keep in touch!! lovely post..very thoughtful!!

Deepak Kini said...

yeah nice post. real realization!

check out my post.

Deepak