Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jai Hind ! And this Summer of '07.

It's been a while.

To be more precise, it's been a month and 4 days since I blogged. I don't know why.
Writer's Block? Well, I can't really blame my absence entirely on Writer's Block. Honestly, my laziness is equally to blame.

Well, today was the 60th year of India's independence. Wow! India has progressed a great deal in the past 60 years and I couldn't be more proud to be an Indian. Of course, India has its drawbacks, it's negative points, its corruption. But today is when we ought to look past all that and see the bigger picture. The bigger picture is that India, as a whole has learnt a few things. We also happen to be one of the fastest growing economies in the world as of now. The point remains that India is still growing and I believe, that it will eventually represent what Gandhiji and other freedom fighters truly wanted Free India to be.

So what did I do to mark 60 years of my country's independence?

I went for dance class. I finished a book called "The Cupid's Effect" [By Dorothy Koomson] and I started reading "The Inheritance Of Loss" [By Kiran Desai]. I met Rishika for ice - cream. I did some project stuff. I'm going to watch The Apprentice at 11.

In short, nothing really.

Oh also, I blogged after 35 days.

I may not have done anything to mark the remarkability of 15th August, 2007, but I do care. And I do believe in India. AND I'm proud to be Indian!


Anyway, I feel as though school ended a couple of weeks ago and I still can't get over the fact that 6 weeks have gone by since the summer holidays began. I really can't understand HOW it's the 15th of August today. I'm actually starting to understand what people mean when they say "Time flies fast when you're having fun." Because this summer has been the best summer of my life and I'm never going to forget the Summer of '07.

SFS has been one of the best experiences of my life to date. I don't want it to end. Ever. I don't want this summer to end. All of a sudden I feel like listening to "All Good Things Come To An End" by Nelly Furtado. Yes, I'm being a little dramatic but I really do feel like listening to it!

*sigh*

I shall go watch The Apprentice now. I promise I'll blog more regularly henceforth.


PS : Tokio Hotel is my current favorite band. They are truly brilliant. I have no idea why I mentioned them here, they deserve their own post (coming up soon hehe) but still. Tokio Hotel, come to Dubai. NOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey
this must be quite unusual 4 u because i never comment on any of your posts.. but i really like this.
you are so right Summer of '07 has been a summer well spent.
Sfs has been a magical experience and i guess every1 who were a part of this camp will cherish all the moments they spent in the camp.
one more thing time does fly...
last but not the least, * jai hind*

- bhavi

Anonymous said...

All Bad Things Come To An End Too.