Tuesday, September 04, 2007

School .. And Hockey!

Yup. School's begun.

Though luckily we've been busy with Teacher's Day (dancing for 2.5 hours straight with no water isn't exactly my thing but it's strangely FUN). I'd been thinking that our dance wasn't going to work out, but after a LOT of practice it seems to be going just right. So that's great ! :) I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping it works out tomorrow, which happens to be Teacher's Day. Everything in the entertainment program for Teacher's Day is coming together perfectly too. The only hitch is that I'm going to have to change out of my saree (or sari, however you wish to spell it) for the dance, and then back again. That's troublesome indeed but I guess it should be okay.

I miss SFS so much. We went to Wild Wadi on Sunday after school and it was brilliant. All of us had a brilliant time. Everyone just seemed so happy. And now the camp's over.. The good part is we're still meeting every month! :)

We had PE today and the new PE teacher, Mrs. Priya just happens to be a hockey player. So we played hockey for the first time in the history of all our PE lessons (and that's one amusing history - involving throwball in the cricket area and dodgeball in the throwball area). I think 'Chak De India' got me interested in hockey. Today we started naming each other from the movie and I ended up being Komal. The short and amazing player who uses her height to her advantage. So shush :P. Even though I wouldn't have minded being Vidya either but Rishika already named herself Vidya. Anyway, when we got down to playing we realized hockey was much harder than we'd expected. It was fun though! I can't wait to play again. I didn't even know our school had hockey sticks!

School isn't that bad after all. Well except me occasionally dozing off in classes (and the AC konking off at 1 every single day) , but then that's something we all suffer from isn't it? And of course, projects and homework. But other than that, school's better than I'd expected.

4 comments:

rishika said...

aww...nice post....
[ps..dear TH rocks!!!]

Rayna said...

heyy!!
i want to go for PE too!!
i will help u with ur sari :)

Anonymous said...

OH OH! I LOVE LOVE LOVE HOCKEY ! =]

I've been playing since I was fiive ! I was so disappointed when they dint have it in modern high.. and now the second I leave it starts =P . Anyway I know what you mean, its hard at first but it grows on you .. But you havent experienced real hockey till you've played on cement with rollerblades! Street hockey is the best =) . OH AND IICE HOCKEY ! NHL !! Okie. Don't get me started! Anyway I hope your dance worked out fantastiic on teachers day [I bet it did =D] . BLOOGG ON! <3

Shalaka said...

RHEA !

Street Hockey ? Seriously ? :D Wow !! I want to try that too ! Dayumm, WHY can't our school have stuff like that ?!

Ice HOCKEY ! That'll be ice - skating (which ROCKS) and hockeying. WHOA ! That'll be amazing. *Mental note to self : Must try this asap.*

What happened to your blog by the way Rheaa ?

Aw thanks :)