Thursday, February 11, 2010

YouTubeaholism.

YouTube YouTube YOUTUBE!

It's become my new cold coffee, my new Facebook, my new camera, my new Entourage and my new polo. And, when I say polo, I mean 2 packets a day kind of polo addiction.

I never thought I'd be one to join the ranks of the YouTubeaholics. But here I am, going through videos ALL day, sometimes even watching old videos again (and again and again and again). It's quite sad. Especially since I'm supposed to be at home for a 'study break'. It all begins with a friend sending me a link to some video, which I then watch and usually appreciate. By appreciate, I mean I end up looking at similar videos for an hour or so, and then glance at the time, get scared and tell myself, 'LAST video. Seriously.'

An hour later, since I'm still at my laptop, I send my friend an abusive mail. :)

Okay, I don't actually send the person an abusive mail. That would be a little crazy. Freaky, really.

On a more positive note, my YouTube addiction led to me realizing that I need something interesting to do. [And no, studying does not count you sad SAD people!]
Hence, my return to the exciting world of blogging! Or in a lamer fashion, the blogosphere. I haven't used that word in AGES. It feels kind of good actually.

Blogosphere. Blogosphere. Blogospheeere. Blogosphereee. Bloggggosphere. Blogosppphere.

Wow, no wonder people leave me spam comments. o_O



Song of the minute:
The Show - Lenka

15 comments:

Nishant said...

Firstly, BRILLIANT new look.

Secondly, you're a sad SAD person :P 'Cause you're a nerd, anyway. Welcome back, not like I should be saying it, but whatever, I'll resume my blogging soon. If I start studying that is ...

:)

Anonymous said...

LAX!
guess who ?:P
firstly, you have purple in your blogpost ... :D
secondly, youtube is awesome .. '23purplestar' agrees with you :P
thirdly, add more songs!

:)

Nishant said...

/Slap

Nishant said...

spam
spam
spam

I'm cool no ?

Anonymous said...

Yay for yewtube :D your blog is so cool. :D
- Gibran.

Rayna said...

i'm glad you're back in the blogosphere:D

Nirmal said...

Hi.

Shalaka said...

Thanks everyone. =)

Hi Nirmal!

Spam = Comment moderator.

rishika said...

Yesterday you told me that your Mixpod has nice and calm songs for people to listen to while they read your blog.

I love how Christmas Tree is one them =P

But yesssss i do love the new look and Yay! you're back into the Blogosphere! Good comeback post! =)

The One Who Really Counts said...

Your blog reminds me of all the bad things in the world. Elements that amalgamate into a theme of hopelessness. Its nonlinear sequence, riddled with innuendo, essentially challenges the straightforward nature of time presented in most blogs. In a bad way.
WHAT A DUMB COMMENT.
I'll tell you what though : Quit the blogosphere. It's not the right thing for you. Believe me. You suck at blogging.

The One Who Really Really Counts said...

Your blog reminds me of all the bad things in the world. Elements that amalgamate into a theme of hopelessness. Its nonlinear sequence, riddled with innuendo, essentially challenges the straightforward nature of time presented in most blogs. In a bad way.
WHAT A DUMB COMMENT.
I'll tell you what though : Quit the blogosphere. It's not the right thing for you. Believe me. You suck at blogging.
HAHA! WHAT A DUMB COMMENT OF A DUMBER COMMENT.
No but seriously : You suck. Quit.

Advita said...

I want my money back, I want my money back~! =P
P.S. Welcome back~! :)

Unknown said...

I don't remember saying hi.

Shalaka said...

Scroll up. =S
Maybe someone using your name?

Aparna said...

First of all-
AWESOME new loook =D I love it!

Secondly-
Well, thanks to you I've gone mad on youtube too. Haven't reached your level yet though- lets call it mild YouTubeaholism =) And it should stay at mild...for now.

But I agree- YouTube is brilliant--Hchsknights08,charlieissocoollike, meankitty, davedays, fred...etc, etc

And oooh, you should listen to boyceavenue and SomeKindOfRemedy. Don't hate me =D

Nice comeback laxyy =)