Sunday, February 04, 2007

SURPRISE!!!!

I'm one person who never gets surprises - not from my family, not from my friends, not from my relatives. So, everytime my birthday rolls around, i already know what i'll be getting from my family and from some of my friends. I know where my party's going to be (cause i'm organising it) and i know exactly what i'm going to wear etc etc. You get my point?

....Or so i thought.

So i guess that's why i was so shocked when my friends planned a surprise party for me. I didn't expect it AT ALL! It was the evening of the first of February. I was exceptionally bored at home so when Bhavi called up and said that she could make it to Spinneys and my mom told me to get her a DVD from Spinneys, i got up and ran. I didn't find it strange that my mom told me to wear some thing other than baggies and a regular t-shirt (my standard clothes) because we had a dinner party scheduled for later. I met Bhavi at Spinneys and we went to the videoshop where Dhoom 2 was starting - the part where Hrithik is dancing (YAY). So Bhavi and I were glued to the screen and i'm sure that the staff working there thought we were retarded. I mean, we were just standing there and staring at the screen. After the dance, i tore my eyes away from the screen and rented 2 DVD's - Click and Kabul Express. I was beginning to get a little annoyed with Bhavi cause she spent 15minutes looking for ONE DVD to rent. I mean, come on!
She had to get something photocopied so we went to Al Ain to get the papers photocopied. The guy at the shop said it would take 10minutes so we told him we'd come back to collect it in 10minutes. Then we went to Spinneys because supposedly Bhavi wanted to buy a birthday card for her family friend, 'Anisha'. I honestly don't know how i fell for that one. Then she was picking out a nice birthday card and she asked me which one i thought was good. I, unknowingly, chose my own birthday card thinking it's for Anisha. Ok then.

Then we went back to Al Ain and picked up the photocopies. Almost an hour had passed, Bhavi gets a call from her "mom" (Rayna lol). We were just exiting and then Bhavi suddenly remembers that she didn't get her DVD (The truth - Aparna and Sakina, who were getting the cake were stuck in traffic so i had to be held in Spinneys for 15-20minutes more). So we go back to the Videoshop. Luckily for Bhavi, Dhoom2 was still going on. So, once again, i'm glued to the screen. For 15minutes, Bhavi is looking for one DVD and watching Dhoom2 while i'm helping her.
FINALLY, Bhavi says she has to leave and that her mom is waiting outside. I went out with her to drop her and my mom(who knows about the whole thing) calls and asks where i am. Then Bhavi randomly starts dragging me towards Lebanese Village. I didn't want to enter Lebanese Village. She says, "My mom's inside!" I FELL FOR THAT - there's a limit of stupidity, i thought!! So i enter the outdoor seating part of Lebanese Village with her, and i see Rayna, Meghna, Aparna, Sakina, Trisha, Prerna and Sagari standing there with a cake and huge grins on their faces. Then they yell, "SURPRISE!!!" and Bhavi joins them. By the way, i'm still on the phone with my mom who says, "Ahh finally! Enjoy!" and hangs up on me! I SWEAR i thought i was dreaming. I didn't register that it was a surprise birthday party. MY surprise birthday party! After 2minutes and 32 seconds (i think) it hits me that this is my surprise party!!!!! I was so SHOCKED! Of course then i was so happy as well! That has got to be my best birthday party ever!! So after i got over the delight and shock of... well, the surprise, we sat down to eat. I thanked everyone like a million times!

While eating, we were discussing how they had planned it. When we all were doing lunch duty one day, i remember Aparna and Rayna left atleast 5times with the excuse of Mrs. Luke is looking for them. I, being the gullible person that i am completely believed them. In reality, they were going to the lunch hall waiting for the guys to show up and give them a card for my birthday! Rishika couldn't make it cause she wasn't feeling at all well. Mini couldn't make it because her mom had this performance in Ras Al Khaimah. Dolly couldn't come either. We took SO many photos (displayed below) and they forcefully:p gave me birthday bumps in the RESTAURANT! Oh, and then they dropped me down - OW!!! Hehe. It was the most fun of 2007!!!!!!!! Oh, and Aparna forgot the guys' card(THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CARD :D!!) and Mini's sorry card (aww..that's ok!) lol.
Thank you so much!!!! You guys are the best friends' in this universe! THANKS! That was one of the best nights of my life!
Also, my parents' were in on it - THANK YOU!

2007 till now has been full of awesome surprises for me. My parents gave me a surprise birthday present a fortnight ago - my new mobile! Also, today my family friend gave me an early birthday present - my new bean bag and my dad surprised me with a new laptop! Thanks all of you for making my birthday my best yet! I love you all! And the best part is, my actual birthday hasn't even arrived yet!

Now, my ending words -
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


PS : excuse the purple sleeves:P:P, i didn't know there was a party remember???!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww nice u liked it:P:P
lol thnxx 2 us..
urghh!!!i dunt like tht ic of u n me sorryyy!!!!I luk so plastic as SUM PPL WUD SAY:P:P
nyways advanced happy bday!!
luvv ya!!
-trisha(3sha)

Anonymous said...

helooo...i still feel bad i cudnt be there:(...hey btw the top's damn cool...purple sleeves nd evertyin...bein serious..

neway tc...nd w8in for your bday:D

-mini

and congratz for all your gifts you lucky bum...

Rayna said...

heyy...i still can believe u didnt suspect a thing...lol
I'm SOOOOOOOOO happy that u enjoyed it, i hope u liked the card i gave u :P lol.
You deserved this coz ur an awesome friend...:D

Kapil.. said...

After all the planning i did organising the whole thing
And all the effort that the guys side put into making a card that was from the heart..(not buying one :P) ..Yet there is no personal thank you ...

I must say i am very "SURPRISED"

:(

KC ..

Anonymous said...

Aparna forgot the guys' card(THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CARD :D!!)

-get the power of your glasses checked...

Anonymous said...

wow..u have some amazing frnds!!

rishika said...

shaluuu...im sooooo soorriii i cudn make it...and i cant beleive i missed such an amazing cake...wtf???...noone even bothered to save a piece for me...and shud u know...i chose the cake.. :D ...

nice to know to liked the party....ha..who am i kidding..youre BEAMING in the pictures..!!!

tc..
luv-negi!

Shalaka said...

Thanks everyone!
And yes I LOVED IT!

MINI! I saw the card later! Today - when she brought it to school.

Kapil - I loved your card - it was amazing! THANK YOU once again! SORRY:(!!!

Shalaka said...

heyy rishika!
it's ok, you get well soon!
LOL! Sorryy about the cake..! I ate the rose:D!

Anonymous said...

Mini's just jealous that she dint get a crad like that from the guys
=P
Lol jk ...

Anonymous said...

Lol...nice blog...schmalu...

Shalaka said...

Heylo Sagari (anonymous),
Thanks:D! Oh and by the way, it's shmalu not schmalu - lol..!

Unknown said...

heyloo!!
im soo sorry i cudnt make it..but ill b theere on ur real b'day wen u n i will b givin our EVS exam :(
dn wna thnk bout it eh??
oh n i loved wht u were wearin..its diff..n kool
gtg..byee

*reshma* said...

tats suupperr sweett!!! hope u had an awsome time!! n luks like u reeely were suprizd!!! n btw i totally like ur shirt, real funnkky!!!

Unknown said...

How sweet tht ur frends threw such an awesome party for u! Well planned btw.... And I think the purple sleeves r hot.... :D

Radhii said...

Shala-lala!

What can I say?
U have amazing fwens!
And whateevverrrr ! I SO like the sleeves. Originality!

Anonymous said...

hey shmaluka
u seem very suprised and hope u enjoyed yourself!!!!:)
Happy Birthday!!!!(in advance)

-shruthi
p.s. only one thing to say about d sleeves....BOLDD!!!!