Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What It Appears To Be



I am officially in love with this picture. I have no idea why.

It reminds me of something being destroyed, and yet I love it. It's so creepy and strange. I still love it. In reality, it was just me messing around with the 'environmental' EEG folder when I was bored.

My perception :
It's like a huge hand wiping out everything else. The birds, the trees. I may sound a little crazy but I don't know - I guess it's my analysis. Scratching out the bird, the rainbow and the trees.
When I first saw the picture, it reminded me of destruction. I don't know why. Divya thought I was killing the bird(excuseee mua:P).

Another person I showed it too said, "It looks like a landmass getting up (the bones jutting out indicate mountains I guess:S)."
I thought that was a pretty interesting way of looking at it. Imaginative.

Someone else said it resembled an animal. I guess if you don't think of it as a hand, then it may appear as different things to different people.

I believe in the saying, "A picture says a thousand words." So I think I'll leave the rest to the picture.

What do you think it looks like?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks like 1 jobless shalaka getting excited over an edited picture of a hand..xD

Menaka = .).... said...

h-ey yours nd my views match on this one...

i too think it symbolizes man taking over the world....the hand taing away nature...civilisation, nature...price for civilisation etc. (play is gettin to me)

other thn tht its a cool pic...

-mininess(maya)

Shalaka said...

Thanks so muich Vinay8-). Atleast I get excited over my hand and not characters from movies - *cough*DON*cough*.

Thank youu Mini:). Lol, this proves we're not COMPLETELY opposite:P.
Mayaaaaaa:D...

hellfire425 said...

Exactly what Vinay said ..pure stupidity... U've started posting really studpid stuff ..
- Slayer

Shalaka said...

Thanks:)

Anonymous said...

Well, I think it's an innovative post!
And if you look deeper it IS more than a picture of a hand.. its a unique form of expression!
Essentially, it conveys the destruction caused by mankind. It's a travesty.. and this picture captures that message.
Blog on! =D