Monday, March 03, 2008

ICSE '08 - Day 2 [The Case Of The Possessive Songs]

Day two of the ICSE exams, and once again, it was pretty uneventful (which is actually a good thing).

I woke up on time (very surprisingly) and was ready a good fifteen minutes before we actually had to leave. Tokio Hotel was on at full blast and I was sitting around reading Asterix comics (I just started reading them all over again, because I've read everything else on my bookshelf five to six times). I didn't really feel like revising just then so I thought I would utilise the long drive to do so :). Finally, we left (Bhavi, Rayna and I together) and spent the car ride revising. We actually got there in twenty minutes ONLY. ONLY !! I could've slept more !

*sniff*

Anyway, I got down to some serious revising in school. Of course, after a while we met everyone else, and the group revision began. Group revision is just brilliant. Atleast the way we did it today ! Jumping around, asking each other random questions from here and there, and cracking up at the stupidest things ! Ah, the life :D

We were settled in the hall by 9 and Reading Time began at 9.15. As the examiners were walking around distributing the papers, the song 'Fall To Pieces' by Avril Lavigne was playing in my head. This happens to be a common (and very annoying) problem I face whenever I write an exam - the randomest songs keep playing over and OVER in my head, and it's VERY hard to get them out. VERY hard. They only get out of my head when I actually start writing. Today, it was 'Fall To Pieces' first.

I finally got the paper, and finished reading and checking everything pretty quick, and realized I still had around a good eight - nine minutes to spare. Damn. Atleast when I was reading the paper, the song wasn't in my head, but the moment I looked up from the paper, 'Falling For You' by Taking Back Sunday started playing. I put my head down in absolute frustration. I think I now understand why one of the nice examiners was looking at me all worriedly. She must've thought I was panicking about the paper. Haha, I couldn't exactly tell her the real reason for my panic !

I kept telling myself to FOCUS during the last few minutes of reading time.

"FOCUS."

Falling for you, falling for youuu !

"FOCUS, damn it !!"

Falling for you, falling for you, I fell for youu !

"AGH !"

Falling for youu !

(Oh, and also, those are pretty much the only lines I know from the song, so you can imagine my limit of frustration.)

After three minutes of 'conflict', I just started re-reading the paper and luckily, the song vanished. But, the best was still to come. During the last two minutes of reading time, 'Wanted!', one of the songs from the soundtrack of One Piece began playing in my head. This is a Japanese song, but I still knew a few lyrics here and there.

"Umaya Darida ? Orey Monkey. D. Luffy ! Kaizoku oni naru ottoke !"

This is when I truly wanted to hit my head REALLY hard against the table. I glanced at the clock and saw that there was only a minute to go. A minute !! And I had a VERY catchy Japanese song from my favorite show playing in my head. So what did I do ?


..


NOTHING !!

He said, "Start writing." So I took a deep breath, and began writing. After a couple of minutes, the song just faded off. :D


The paper was unexpectedly good. The easiest stuff came, and all the predictions turned out to be wrong.

Two down ! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee !

No comments: