Saturday, March 15, 2008

ICSE '08 - NO MORE SOCIAL STUDIES !!!

I don't really know how to express my happiness.

The title explains it all !

NO MORE SOCIAL STUDIES !!

YES !! FINALLY !! :D

That's it. I'm done. DONE with Geography and History ! Done with maps, climatic conditions, crops, minerals, industries and all the other nonsense that Geography is (I don't mean to offend anyone who loves the subject, it's just that I despise it, so I'm free to express my immense dislike). History was still a good subject. I liked History. In fact, I might even miss it a little bit.

But Geography ?

No WAY. I've hated that subject since the eighth grade, and now, I'm finally done with it. Forever.


Anyway, getting back to talking about the board exams.

I was REALLY nervous for History, even though I had actually studied properly (didn't sleep much though). Everyone was all over the place for History. After all, we had around 25 - 30 chapters.

I don't even remember much about History. THIS is why I should blog on the exam day itself.
It was a pretty good paper !


The day before Geography was hell. I didn't study on the day we came back from History, and I didn't really feel like studying on the day before the Geography exam either. Geography was the first exam I wasn't AT ALL serious for. I just lazed around, wasting time, and studying in bits and pieces (small bits and pieces). Eventually, I decided to even leave two - three chapters since we would have ten questions to choose from, and we only had to choose five. I have never approved of selective studying in my life. It always makes me panic so much that I can't sleep. Just what IF the chapter I left came in the exam, and I was forced to do it ?

On the other hand, on Geo day, I happily left three chapters out, convinced that I would do the other questions. I only actually got serious about studying at 11.30 in the night. I ended up sleeping at 5, and getting up at 7.40. Sigh. And I even HAD THE TIME to study !

I wasn't even all that tense before the exam. Everyone was scattered on the Geography day too.

The Geography paper went well. I attempted the stuff I had studied and the maps were brilliant ! Of course, this doesn't mean that taking risks before a board exam is a good choice. I regretted it the whole time. Or atleast, until I saw the paper. I didn't regret it at all then. :P


It's alright now though. Geography is over !

And, now we have a ten day break for Math. Then Commercial Applications, and then the Boards, the 'oh-so-dreaded' Boards shall be FINISHED. It's exciting ! :D


I'm off now.

4 comments:

Nishant said...

I'm gonna miss History because of umm.. "Yeauh" (I don't know if you understood that) and stuff like "Where there's a will, there's a time" and all the lame jokes Adrian and I used to crack :(

But geo ? NO WAY. I am so happy it's over, but I think you read my blog post so :P enough about that.

Isn't it strange how almost EVERYONE has stopped blogging ?

Kapil.. said...

Yeah i should get back to blogging after the boards....

And oh!...i skipped Industries ..Completely ...so dont ask me where Viswesvarya Steel plant gets it Iron from....

Believe it or not !! Ive only done Industries ONCE...and tht too it was after our 2nd terms got over...

I dint touch industries for 2nd term
I dint touch industries for Prelims
I dint touch Industries for Boards..

And yes...i dont know what a mini steel plant is ...Ask Mini for more details on that :P sorry for the lame joke..

I just feel like writing a long comment on one post rather than writing seperate comments for each post.....

My board experience..

- Lack of sleep ...even for stupid exams like English language...I dont know why ...but yeah hu cares....whats done is done..

- The only reason I wake up in the morning is to crack jokes with the guys During the tense "revision-time in the quad" moments
It works like magic...and i think ive never ever laughed as much as i laughed in the past 19 days...Simply amazing...


AND strangely i think i like the tension....Anyways ...im not gonna keep in touch till later...cos ..yes im lazy...so this is my "Hey" for the next few days

Voila!

- KC//DC

Shalaka said...

You should Kapil !

Lol I skipped Industries too :O Except I did Agro-Based. I left all the other nonsense.

Seriously ?! :O You're so lucky that way ! Even the whole 'physical features' thing. Damn, I'm following you next time. :P

Haha, I know. The whole 'Board experience' has been much better than I'd expected. :D

Sigh. It's okay, I know all about your laziness. I shall see you in a few days anyway. :P

Anonymous said...

SHalala u knw how i love reading your posts =D.

Yea, and i'm used to your studying habits. And i know you do great in the end =)

tomorrow's CA and then its overrrrrr woooooottt. so best of luck!!

"- Lack of sleep ...even for stupid exams like English language...I dont know why ...but yeah hu cares....whats done is done.."

And here i thought i was alone. i have had the same experience. my mom tried everything to get me to sleep. (even aroma therapy). i guess these things happen.

Waiting to read moree posts.

-mini