Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Kiddish Dedication - To Sheepie



The picture above depicts my old, un-renovated room. When I was packing Sheepie up (she looks all sleepy and dazed...).

Sheepie, sheepie, sheepie. Most of you must know about 'Sheepie the Great'. Well, I hadn't seen Sheepie in centuries (being a fortnight) because my room was being renovated and most of my stuffed toys were in boxes stored in the balcony until they could be re-arranged. So today I decided to do something about the boxes and empty them. The biggest box was where Sheepie was 'hibernating' for the week. Would you believe, Sheepie was all dirty (expected) and forgotten? She is a truckload of memories for me and I just forgot about her and all her memories for sometime (being quite a LOT of time).

I took her out and I felt so bad. You may think I'm a little retarded - major attachment to a stuffed toy, but HEY! Memories are something we cannot 'forget'. That may sound strange but think about it. That's why I have a 'Timeline File/Box' too. It's where I keep all my precious things - 'Precious' meaning things like a ticket to a movie my friends and I saw, the Al Ain Trip admission Ticket etc. Those things are 'precious' for me.

Coming back to Sheepie. I put her for a wash and finished drying her just about now. She's clean and sparkly. I actually thought she may not be the same once all the stains were gone - she may become a NEW Sheepie - like just Sheep - not Sheepie anymore. That sentence might not have made any sense. This whole post might make no sense. I'm sure you people would be thinking, "So.. She's talking about a stuffed toy:S!" But Sheepie is a lot more than a stuffed toy :P. And I realized that the memories are still there, they just needed a bit of reviving. Sheepie's back on my highest shelf and now there's another memory attached with her. I love that ... Uhh.. that SHEEP!

The basic point of this post was to say - "Awaken the memories that lie forgotten. Store these memories - Reminiscing is a lot of fun and it's very very satisfying."


PS : Sheepie deserved a post, she needed a post. Sorry if this struck people as 'lame'.

17 comments:

Menaka = .).... said...

OH!! finally...a post on sheepie the great...now i feel bad for how many times i stepped on her...or jumped on her, u had a great load of memories attached wid her.

This was not exactly "lame" but a peculiar and unique way to bring out the meaning that memories live forever...even in the form of a stuffed sheep...

-shalu i am sad you did not mention elephante Lol

-a kiddie yet appealing post, w8ing to c the more maturer shalu (maybe u can write a post on sheepy's grandpa)

-till then adios

have dreams bout sheepy

mini

Shalaka said...

Hello!

Maybe you should do a post on NELLY not ELEPHANTE in your imaginary blog:@!

Ahh.. yes - a maturer me - I didn't feel like it. Sheepie is associated with all my 'kiddie' memories after all. I feel like .. I feel like doing something kiddie!

We all got to look at the 'kiddier' (:P) side of one another once in a while!

Thank you! I doubt i will though - I've got bunnies to dream of:P!

Nishant said...

Well, I don't know what to say.

Just that your posts are getting a little too animal-oriented. :P

Vinay Nagaraj said...

sheepie was fun,especially ripping the bell off...and stamping her..throwing her...using her/him/both as a lethal weapon,etc....hope your next post will be something other than bunnies,sheeps and stuff XD...

Aparna said...

SHEEPIEE!!!
hmm...something random...never thought you would right about her!!

it may be a bit peculiar like mini said...but its different!

i know you have had loads of 'memories' with sheepie..i'll never be able to forget him!

nice post!..my 'animal-oriented' friend!!(lol nishant:P)

Anonymous said...

SHEEPIE..!..
i rememba all da days..
Bt i found da post LAME..lol..
Ur posts hafta becum better n better n NOT better to worst..lol..
sorry!!
bt nt abt sheepie plz...
lol
Trisha

Anonymous said...

to mini : you have a stuff toy called elephante??..aww..so did i..but once when i was like 7 me and my sister were playing catch with it at like 2 in the morning..and she threw it with such force and unfornatley my hand-eye co-ordiantion wasnt that great..(and oh yea..my bedroom window was open)...so yes..it dusnt exatly take a genius to predict wht happened...

so yea..it went through the window..of course me being all heart broken took a chair and stuck my head out of the window to make sure elephante was alright..and he was!!.. :D ...but then some bitchin phillipino girls came along and dey saw elephante and went all 'o how cute!..'(i cant blame them..he was just too cute..all white and fluffly AND he had a tail!!).. et cetra et cetra...and dey just TOOK IT and WALKED AWAY...before i could SAY anything...

my sister started laughing...dear Lord..that horrible laugh...

i hate her..

okay...i dont...but still!!...she didnt even say 'sorry'... :[ ..

but now im in love with monster..!!.. :P.. so its okay now..

to midget : cute post...but yes..PLEASE no more animals..

--negi!

[ps..nelly is an ugly name for an elephant..]

Anonymous said...

=.D may elephante rest in peace wid the philapino ladies..

HAHAHAH shalu tol u nellie ws a band name..

Shalaka said...

Heyloo!

Nishant : Yes, a little too animal-oriented:P - I promise the next one won't be:)!

And Vinay - You forgot to mention you also spat on her and I never got her bell back, ya (:@)? *sigh*.

Apu-arna, SHEEPIE rocks! (:P) Thanks!

Trisha (lol), "PS : Sheepie deserved a post, she needed a post. Sorry if this struck people as 'lame'." So I guess I'm sorry:P!

And Rishika, sorry to hear about all your 'woe-filled' stuffed toy related stories :(. NELLY is the elephant's name!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU???????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you :)!

Radhii said...

Shmooo !

I still haven't met Sheepie.
I will save all comments for when I do.

My regards to you .. and the 'sheepie',
Radhii

OH.. For Nikita .. If she ahppens to read this: We should rename Sheepie ' Shalaka's Damn Sheep' !! LOL !

Unknown said...

This reminds me of my sister. She had this stupid whale Shamu and wen i was small i was so jealous of tht stupid toy coz she loved tht toy more than me so i ripped out one of its eyes. She threw out my pikachu... :( Anyway now thts shes in university i tore him up... Revenge! After all these years... Very cute post... Wish i had another stuffed toy like pikachu... :(

*reshma* said...

sshhalluu!! hehehe...well i still hve a stuffd gorilla who i named
gauri!! :PP yes, sheepie seems adorable...n honestly theres
nothing rong with ur posts being animal orientatd!! nyway, the thing is in the end u did hve a true real meaning 2 the post!! very very cute dedication...may God always be with sheepie!! hehe
(P.S the anonymous on my blog is radhii:PP i so hope she dusnt read this!!!)
and amrit i had pikachu 2!! crap but i think its lost :S..or no wait ,oh yea, its with my cousin...
u noe wat shalu i thinks its time i get all my stuff toys back...!!

Radhii said...

RESHMA SUSAN EFFING VARGHESEEEEEEEEEEEE


OMG .. DESERT ROCK WAS SOOOO BS ! IM UPDATING MY BLOG

OKAY .. and Reshma;s totally lying. All those anonymous comments are totally not me.

Anonymous said...

Sad very disturbing go see uor school counsellor or somthin !!!! Very upsettng but very meaningfull
Indeed!!!!

with best regards
StRaNgEr 92 KL

Shalaka said...

Radhii, you shall meet her soon! She's irresistably cute!

Amrit : Lol thanks! I have a pikachu! Though I'm giving away some of my soft toys to charity. I think it's time to say goodbye to Pikachu. :(.

Resh : Thank you:)! LOL!!! Radhiiii:S:S!!

Radhii : I TOTALLY (:P) do not believe you:)!

Anonymous : Thanks and all.. uhh.. But I think you should accompany me to the counsellor - Stranger 92 KL????? :P! Could you reveal yourself?

Shweta said...

awww!!!
How come i never knew abt sheepy the great!:%

Anonymous said...

lolz !!!! shalaka glad 2 see a girl eith a funny bone!!! seriously n newwayzz no i kant reveal myself as yet

StRaNgEr 92 KL