Friday, March 30, 2007

Ramblings During A Deluded State Of Mind

"This is truly the most gorgeous sight I have ever seen. Uh.. I think this city is Dubai - I'm not too sure. Okay it really looks like Dubai. What the hell is the pilot doing? He's passing the city! No! I want to land here - it's so beautiful. Well, atleast from above:P. This is Dubai - All the tall buildings and all. Why is he flying above the sea?? We're supposed to land in DUBAI not in the SEA! I'm panicking for no reason. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.. But why is he.. Oh. Right. He's turning back. What's wrong with him - why did he take the semi - circle in the first place? He might as well have just flown across. Is that the correct usage of the word? :O! Look how close he's flying to the surface! WOW! I can see everything from this tiny little window. OH! Are those "boatsmen"?! On Abras???!!!!! Cool! This is AMAZING!!! I can see people and cars on the road!! :O:O:O:O:O!! Day-To-Day Supermarket! Okay. Is the airport next to Day-To-Day? I thought Day-To-Day was in Karama! Maybe we're landing in Karama. Or, maybe not:P. This is really pretty - Dubai is one wonderfully beautiful city from the top:)!! We're laaaaaaanding! My favorite part! Hehe. My mom looks like she's about to hurl - landings are not her thing. Wobbly handwriting alert. Okay I'm not writing anymore - Time to exit. I'M IN DUBAI NOW:D:D:D:D:D!!!!"

Incase y'all are wondering if I've lost my mind, I haven't. It's just that I wrote that in a very unstable (extremely delighted that is) state of mind. I wrote this in my diary when we were landing in Dubai. We were above the city and .... Well, you may have read the rest:). Anyway, we can call this 'Ramblings During a Deluded State of Mind'. According to me, you don't get to see Dubai from above every day so I wrote about the 'landing'. As delusional as I may have seemed, I still wanted to write it down here so I can remember it forever. Honestly, it was one of the most fantastic sights I've ever seen. The above paragraph is exactly what I had written - word to word, smiley to smiley:P. Anyway, I know that paragraph isn't a vivid description - one to set your imaginations rolling, but it's some sort of an account. Also, I may seem very confused but I was beyond excited to come back:).

Word of advice : If you get a pilot like me when you're landing anywhere, USE your diary and write about it. If he flies so low above the city that you can actually read the names of supermarkets, you know it's fascinating. It's like a helicopter! :D! Really ... WOW!

9 comments:

Nishant said...

I experienced that too, just yesterday.

It's very. Scary sometimes.

Aparna said...

Well,this post is definitely weird.But interesting all the same.Ramblings during a deluded state of mind--don't think i have experienced that.

Honestly,i dont have much to say.
But it was a good post.And i love reading your posts because its totally random-(well, most of the times)-and different.

Keep posting!

Rayna said...

hey...
Yeah i love those sights....
:) random post, but nice (as usual)
keep postin
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

hey...i <3 aeroplanes...Only coz of tht reason;)..LOL !!
i <3 those sights...Preety!:D:D:D
Nyways..
Im at class;)
-Trisha

Unknown said...

Heyy, Shaks!

Ramble on! I love this post. ;) I definintely understand and can relate to it, since I have experienced a random rambling moment more than I can count! They're one of the most 'mental' and awesome moments.

As for penning them down...great idea! Because when you look back on that entry in your diary or whatever, it's like you're actually there! You can relive the whole moment!It's so real and it tells it as it is! I hope you understand where I'm going with this! ;)lol!

Interestingly great post! ;) Loving your blog! Take care, Green Queen!

Peace!

Kaylias...out!

P.S. How did you get your facebook badge to STAY on your blog (lol!)...I had added the page element ages back and then it just vanished from my facebook and my blog! And now all that you can se is the hyperlink, Facebook me! =S =P

lol...oh yeah and PETA totally rules! ;)

Adios!

Kaylias...out! (for real this time!) =P

Unknown said...

damn...a typo...lol sorry...

*...I've experienced more random rambling moments than I can count!

;)

Cya!

Radhii said...

Hmmmm. I feel sorry for your diary =P Jk. nice post. funny =D

So...look out the window. What fo?
.. For some reason I never get fascinated when I fly. I don't know. Flying's kind of a phobia but I try my best not to show it. However. Dubai in the NIGHT is the most amazing thing ever. During the day. Um. I'd rather not say =P Psh.

Anyways. Awaiting next post. This was different from the usual.

hellfire425 said...

Make your posts more interesting
I LIVE NEAR DAY TO DAY !! YAY !!1 LOL
- SLAYER ROCKS
- Jeff Hannaeman

Anonymous said...

good post!!

StRaNgEr 92 KL